Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Games & Learning at CUNY

CUNY faculty and librarians are getting together to talk about gaming in the classroom, how cool is that? They have a blog called Games and Learning at CUNY. I found this from a listserv post about a librarian using a game to teach Web evaluation. I'm still not sure where the line is between an "activity" and a "game" is. I may contact Maura Smale and ask her for more information on how students are scored. This sounds similar to what I already do, but I don't tend to hand out prizes for the highest-scoring team... this could be fun!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary, glad to see that you found the game interesting! I'd be happy to talk more about it. This summer I'm trying to close the loop and discuss the game with classroom faculty, and hope to continue to develop it in the fall.
    Glad to have found your blog, too!
    Best,
    Maura

    ReplyDelete