Wednesday, July 29, 2009

PRIMO, here I come!

I just received a notification that my It's Alive! game got accepted into PRIMO! PRIMO stands for Peer-Reviewed Instructional Materials Online Database, and is sponsored and hosted by ALA and I have been very impressed with the materials included in it. I submitted It's Alive! and my Secret Agents game months ago and forgot about it, so today was a pleasant surprise.

We've done some user testing for our freshman orientation game and have a lot of great feedback to work into the game. It is terribly difficult to simultaneously design 8 different tracks of the same game so that students can work in groups of no more than 4 people. Some of the feedback is significant, like utter confusion going back and forth between the directions they have in their hand and the ones they find along the way, and some are pretty minor.

I'm plugging away at my plagiarism game. This week, Flash is outsmarting me. I'm trying to add feedback to the questions, but it's not working the way I originally envisioned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment